Facilitating accurate and timely detection of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy in your patients
Facilitating accurate and timely detection of Diabetic Neuropathy in your patients
Neuropathy screening has been a challenge to clinicians for many years due to its often subtle symptoms and the need for specialized equipment and expertise.
- The monofilament test is recommended to assess the risk of foot ulceration, but it has low sensitivity in detecting early-stage neuropathy.2
- Vibration perception threshold (VPT) evaluation is a validated clinical method known for detecting early neuropathy cases.3
- Standard biothesiometers require storage space and a continuous power supply, limiting their use in primary care.
The Ayati Difference
Ayati’s advanced and robust diagnostic devices have been designed to help clinicians to rapidly screen for neuropathy in primary care settings.
VIBRASENSE + T
Vibrasense + T is a quantitative sensory testing (QST) device that can detect neuropathy by measuring the vibration perception, hot perception and cold perception thresholds.
1.Bus S, Netten J, Monteiro‐Soares M, Lipsky B, Schaper N. Diabetic foot disease: “The Times They are A Changin’ ”. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2020;36(S1). doi:10.1002/dmrr.3249
2. Wang F, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of monofilament tests for detecting diabetic peripheral neuropathy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Diabetes Res. 2017;2017:8787261. https:// doi. org/ 10. 1155/ 2017/ 87872 61.
3. Martin CL, et al. Vibration perception threshold as a measure of distal symmetrical peripheral neuropathy in type 1 diabetes: results from the DCCT/EDIC study. Diabetes Care. 2010 Dec;33(12):2635-41.
Q. Which screening tools are used to detect diabetic peripheral neuropathy?
A. Some of the common testing methods for diabetic peripheral neuropathy include tuning fork, monofilament, and biothesiometer.
Q. What is a biothesiometer test?
A. Biothesiometer test is a non-invasive form of medical test that quantifies perception thresholds of a patient with diabetes.
Q. What are the products Ayati Devices offer?
A. Ayati Devices have developed Vibrasense, Vibrasense Lite, and NEUMU all of which address neuropathic complications due to diabetes.
Q. What is Vibrasense?
A. Vibrasense is an advanced version of regular biothesiometers. It is portable and can be operated with batteries. It has true sinusoidal technology that helps in quantifying perception thresholds through controlled vibrations.
Q. How will vibration perception controls help in testing DPN?
A. As you will be able to control vibration parameters with Vibrasense, the biothesiometer will provide more accurate reports depending on how a patient responds to vibration thresholds.